I was recently interviewed by Roshini Rajkumar on Minneapolis WCCO radio to kick off Brain Injury Awareness Month (March).
We briefly discussed my brain injury that occurred in February 2014, celebrating my 7-year brain-iversary.
We also discussed some of the common concussion myths such as:
- you must hit your head to sustain a concussion
- you must lose consciousness to sustain a concussion
- concussion symptoms will resolve themselves in 4-6 weeks
- concussion symptoms will appear right away
- an MRI will tell you whether or not you have a TBI
- you must have all the symptoms to have a concussion
You can listen to the interview here: