Nobody likes feeling exhausted. You’ve got a lot to get done and people relying on you and it’s hard to show up for yourself and for everyone else if you’re in a constant brain fog or exhausted all the time, so how can you fight fatigue? How can you show up as your best self everyday?
First, you need to know that there can be serious short term and long term side effects of fatigue. Fatigue can cause weariness, irritability, reduced alertness, impaired decision making, and lack of motivation, concentration and memory. Also, studies have shown that fatigue is linked to health problems like heart disease and stomach and digestive problems.
Moral of the story: we need to fight fatigue and fight it now so that you feel better daily, but also to avoid some serious health risks!
First, you need to find the cause of your fatigue. So if you’re tired all of the time, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you taking a daily multivitamin?
- Are you getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night?
- Are you drinking enough water (MINIMUM half your body weight in oz)?
- Are you eating enough lean protein AND complex carbs?
- Do you have any extra stress in your life right now?
- Are you taking time for self care?
Next, here’s my top hacks to naturally fight fatigue:
- Start your day with lean protein and complex carbs.
- Drink 16oz when you wake up in the morning BEFORE eating anything.
- Stay away from processed food.
- Keep Track of your energy level 1-2 hours after eating each meal. This will help you figure out if specific foods are contributing to your fatigue.
- Decrease your caffeine intake. Although it may give you an initial burst of energy, you will start to crash when it wears off. Rather than quitting cold turkey, slowly reduce your caffeine intake.
- Peppermint essential oil! Inhale it, diffuse it, or even put a drop under your tongue for a burst of fresh energy.
Next, are you taking any supplements to help you fight fatigue?
- B12 (especially if vegan)
- Ashwagandha (Indian Ginseng)
- Fish Oil
Last, but definitely not least. Are you eating food that will give you energy and fight fatigue. Here’s a list of a few of my favorite foods to help you:
- Chia Seeds
- Lean Protein (Tuna, Salmon, Chicken)
- Green Tea or Matcha
- Whole Grains (Whole grain pasta or brown rice)
- Spinach and Kale
- Greek Yogurt
- Flax Seeds
Let us know in the comments which one of these you’re going to try today so that you can fight fatigue and start living to your fullest potential and show up as your best self!
Join me for my FREE 7 Day Wellness Challenge